Monday, January 14, 2008

can you say ...overtime?

Ok, so two weeks in and I am still loving the new job, although I am fighting my normal tendency to think I can do it all. I have lately begun to see the comedy in the part of myself that always says "I can do that!" I see so many possibilities, and how things can be done and I have often way underestimated what it really takes ( often in terms of time) to do them. So I've gotten myself into a few pickles biting off more than I can chew. It used to be a source of frustration and depression. Now it is more of a source of amusement-- like when the joke IS on you, but you finally can bring yourself to laugh at it too. Now I can hear myself say it " I can do it! I can do that!" and part of me goes "Oh boy, here I go again..." I guess its a good thing to see possibility and believe in my own ability to figure things out. But it is a really really nice thing not to be beating myself up all the time anymore for not actually doing it all. Suddenly many things seem easier, and I am actually doing more than when I worried about it. Funny isn't it?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you've been tagged!! read my blog for january 16 and find out how!!!!