Friday, October 26, 2007

just a few minutes ago it was yesterday

Today is K2's birthday. Well technically not until 11:47pm tonight. I was a bad mom and had nothing prepared due to K1's velcro like behavior this week. Awkard, as she is only a couple inches shorter than me. I thought they'd be easier to peel off when they got older, but apparently illness reverses that. So anyway, a friend called and I saw an escape for an evening and gleefully told the kids to ask dad what's for supper. Reality kicked in again as I was driving home at 11p. Who knew Price Chopper was open at this time of night and I could put a one woman birthday surprise together! The wonders of civilization never cease to amaze. Of course there was a rather creepy fellow in the frozen foods section. 'Pizza and a movie, huh?' I thought. ' Forgot somebody's birthday?' he thought. You know a huge grocery store is kind of a spooky place in the middle of the night.

Well, we are having chocolate cake for breakfast. Life is good.
Let's see if I can wake up early enough to light the candles....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

happy birthday, K2!!!! (if you guys had seven more kids, would the youngest be K9?)