Saturday, February 23, 2008

Plague or something like it...

So I have finally caught a cold that airborne couldn't keep at bay. I spent the whole day on the couch after going to bed at 6pm last night. I was wondering when I would break my healthy streak. People around me have been falling like flies to all sorts of flu like symptoms and I felt strangely immune. Not anymore! (or as inspector clouseau says "neyt anymuir").
I told my girls they had to take care of me today. K1 cleaned the kitchen, K2 made me soup--ok she forgot it in the microwave and I had to crawl out to get it myself, but it is the thought that counts, right? Speaking of thoughts, K1 asks me if I am better yet. She always has an agenda and I think she is gravely inconvenienced at the moment.
The fun of the game of take care of mom evaporated quickly.

I always love the question "are you feeling better yet ?" or "are you feeling any better ?" It is a question that wants only one answer. It is an implied hurry up already. No, I am not any better yet, thank you very much. When you see me upright for any longer than it takes to go to the bathroom or the kitchen and back you might inquire again. K1 and K2 are giving each other the look that says "mommy's cranky."
It's my turn, I say, please pass the tissues.

No comments: