Sunday, July 6, 2008

Arte y something or other

Blog awards. I thank Kim for awarding me. I am generally suspicious of links and chains, and when I tried to hook up the link for this award I got a notice saying the link had been eliminated because it was a phishing scam, although the link through Rose's site still works. I may just be link jinxed. Because none of the other attached links for the blogs I awarded worked either. Rather than muck around on my last day off.. please see my recommended list for the links to the blogs and go to Roses for the link to Arte y Pico if you must.


1) Suz-Q aka "Q" , my long lost friend on the left coast, whose dry wit I thoroughly enjoy and miss in person and whose photography captures the stunning beauty of the natural world. She can make a tomato look more wonderous than a flower. Harvest moon.

2) Annie Kelliher , well, Annie, can certainly speak for herself ! As you will see. Annie gave me fire when I needed it, and a sword to cut through the BS. Annie is excellent at that. Her ruminations are always deep which appeal to me, and her word slice right through to the point mercilessly. Always refreshing to be around a person who knows what they think and says it. Thanks Annie. Writers and witches and words... oh my!

3)Kim - The Wicked Step mom: NOT. Instantly married with four kids and still really very grounded. One of the strongest and sanest people I know. She uses her blog as a diary to get through the "can you believe this?" s of picking up the pieces after a highly dysfunctional-- and still involved enough to do damage-- biological mother. And I am guessing release the outrage before it sets in her heart. From the community she gets the grounding and the support that I imagine is help in doing what is and oh soooo valuable job. There are innocents that may be healed. I admire her for giving her self over so to trying. Just because it is right and good. Diary of a Stepmom

4) Rose- What Rose made today -- I have to admit I just learned of this one the day before yeasterday when I came off the gerbil wheel, but I can feel Rose's robust merry earth mother shining through at me. I can smell the earth and the green when I look at the photos. And Rose's Mead is what gold would taste like if it could. I always imagine she has nature's attention where ever she passes, probably because she has always been so mindful of it .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awwww..ty so much, anita!!!! so glad to see you back and posting!!