Friday, July 4, 2008

Ok, so I lied...

Wow where have I been? I'm not quite sure. On the gerbil wheel I suppose. No, perhaps that would not be fair. I have been on a journey, allowing the universe to guide me and show me where I am needed. (Which apparently is a lot of places.) I bring something to my work place that I can see is truly needed, but at the same time I can see all the lessons I am needing to learn there. Some how I have entered a period of profound lucidity. The way seems clear. I don't know where I am going but it doesn't seem to matter any more. Some kind of restless striving I have always felt has completely gone from me. In some ways it feels strangely like apathy, but that may just be a judgement of my mind and the social programming.

The cheerleading adventure was a good exercise in learning to go with the flow and find some enjoyment in a situation that held many irritants for me. Also to set a boundary and make a difficult and unpopular decision not to continue. The overall out come was good.

K1 had her 14th birthday (uh, more like, birthweek), and is stressing over going to the high school in the fall. She had a Promotion (graduation) and class night( prom Jr) which may as well have been the real thing for all the "Mom, you don't understand,..."s
K2 has summer school and tutoring all summer as well as day camps. She has a week of horse camp in Aug which she has been dreaming of all year. I'm curious to see how that works out because she said she didn't want to go to day camp at the lake because of the bugs. Hmm. I'm not saying a word. I'll just put bug spray on her and see how much she really loves horses...
Hubby receives honorable mention for always being there even if not truly present, and always trying.
For anyone wondering there has been no further activity in the Mansfield murder. We wait. It will be 3 years Aug 28. At least we see our nephews often and they are well.

No comments: